Jewelry Seller’s Guide
At The Gold Depot, we want to educate you in the process so you know you’re receiving a fair price when you bring it in to sell. When you bring your jewelry to us, we test each individual item right in front of you, so you know you’re receiving fair market value. Plus, our consultation service is free and there is no obligation to sell.
If you’re interested in selling your jewelry, or want to see what it’s worth, visit us today.
What to Know About Your Jewelry
More Jewelry Stamping
The informational stamping on jewelry may not always look the same on each type of precious metal. Here is some other stamping you may notice:
.585 means 14K
.417 means 10K
.333 means 8K
925 means Sterling Silver
The Step-by-Step Process of Selling Your Jewelry at The Gold Depot
When you’re preparing to sell your valuables, you don’t want surprises. Here’s what you can expect when you bring in your jewelry to The Gold Depot:
- Step 1: We accurately test each piece in front of you using the latest technology in precious metals and Electronic Diamond Testers.
- Step 2: Each piece will be accurately weighed on a certified scale to ensure precision weight.
- Step 3: Each piece will be appraised for the highest value by our experienced staff with years of knowledge buying precious metals.
- Step 4: You receive a fair price assessment in minutes. After testing, weighing, and appraising your items, we will offer you the most money possible.
- Step 5: After you approve our offer, we pay you cash on the spot! Our consultation service is free of charge and there is no obligation to sell. All price assessments given are based on weight and karat grade contained in the item, not its resale value. For this reason, we cannot pay for gemstones or other small diamonds that are under .20pt (1/5ct).
Ready to get started? Bring in your jewelry for an appraisal, or contact us for more information.